Sunday, July 29, 2012

Yanayacu, Papallacta, etc.

Here are the last of the pics from my Ecuador class trip.

Beautiful river coming out of the Andes. Here we are standing on a bridge above the river.

Up on the Guacamayos ridge. In essence we are looking down at the foothills and Amazon basin.

Cool giant grub!

Here is what happens when you are cleaning a glass and it breaks. I wish I could say I was doing something cool like wrestling a piranha or something. At least I end up with a cool scar. I should have gone to a doc immediately and gotten stitches but I ended up going too late.

Cool caterpillar at Yanayacu.

and big too.

This is the view from Yanayacu biological station.

The Antisana volcano as seen in the early morning from Papallacta.

Papallacta valley.

Llama!

Velvety water.

And now a few pics from earlier in the trip that we missed. Here is me with Bill Hopkins and Juane, the leader of his trip of guarani indians. This guy is tougher than nails and it was an honor to meet him.

One more of our group in front of the giant tree.

Walking the trail of tears at Yanayacu.



No comments: