Thursday, April 16, 2009

weird day

First, I should have noted that last week was also Amalia's 3rd birthday. She had a party that included cupcakes and had a great time. Not sure how I forgot to mention that in the last post...

Today was an odd day. It is the 2nd anniversary of the Virginia Tech shooting. The day started with 3.2 mile run to honor the 32 victims. It was pretty amazing as over 4000 people showed up and ran around campus. Pretty neat to see so many people. Of course it was weird that more than half the people had ipods which limits the social aspect of the run. The neat thing was all the non-runners who showed up for this community event. I ran with Amalia in the stroller. We went slow as it was too crowded to try and race. Also, I'm not sure racing was in the spirit of the day. In any case, it was fun and Amalia had a good time. I didn't go to the other events, not sure why but didn't feel like it. I don't want to forget what happened but I have my own ways of dealing with it, mostly while being alone on a run/ride.

No comments: