Saturday, April 4, 2009

life changes

No pictures in this post but a few significant life changes have occurred recently, or will occur in the near future.

First, I turned 38. That means I am very close to 40. That seems like a substantial number for some reason. Kind of intimidating but there isn't much I can do about it. I refuse to grow up and hope to keep beating up on the kids around here on bike rides and runs. Of course right now my knee is messed up (IT band)...

Second, I just found out I was granted tenure here at VT. Functionally that means I can't be fired. Thats good. It also means we will most likely spend the rest of our days in Blacksburg. Certainly there are worse places to live.

Third, Lisa is about to pop. She is simply huge and is ready to be done being pregnant. She has 3-4 weeks to go. Amalia is excited to be a big sister. Its going to be another big change around here but we are excited. I'm sure it will be tough but it will be fun. 

So it seems kind of like our lives are going to be on auto-pilot pretty soon here.


No comments: