Monday, June 16, 2008

mtb race

Well, yesterday was father's day and the day for one the two local mountain bike races. This one was the dirty dawg, in contrast to the rowdy dawg that occurs in the fall. I did the 15 mile race, instead of the 21 mile variety. The race was up at Mountain Lake and it was a perfect day. I started kind of fast and rode well. I outclimbed everyone in my race but was slower downhill than just about everyone in my race. It didn't help that I was on a single speed with no suspension and everyone else had lots of gears and all had front, and many full, suspension. In any case, I like the light weight and simplicity of my bike. In the end I took second place and was less than a minute behind the winner. Best of all, Lisa brought Amalia up to see the finish! That was great!

1 comment:

doubleB said...

Ignacio,
Thanks for coming out to race and congratulations on your strong finish! Hope to see you again at Rowdy Dawg October 12th, keep an eye on our web site for details...
www.MtnLakeConservancy.org

Regards,
Ben Brown - Race Director