Thursday, May 13, 2010

first criterium in years

Last weekend I did my first criterium in years. It was a little local race and I did the men's category 3/4 race which went around and around in a 0.5 mile circle for 70 minutes. It was super windy and I swear I thought I was getting dizzy after a while. It was not a particularly special race except for one thing, Amalia cheering. She cheered for me every lap! At one point I started a breakaway and she got really excited. So I decided to leave my two breakaway companions and go solo. I was out there alone for ~5laps and Amalia was going crazy. It probably wasn't my best race tactic to go solo but Amalia loved it so I stuck it out. Eventually the pack caught me. I ended up around 5th place out of probably 15 starters. Not bad but not great. But I had the best cheering section!

No comments: