Sunday, November 16, 2008

cyclocross

Yesterday and today were the Tech Cross races, those were the cyclocross races on our very own VT campus. Good stuff. Since we ride on the course every week, there is a bit of a home court advantage. I officiated the wheel/spare bike pit when I wasn't racing. That is, I sat around and made sure that no one cheated. For my races I did the 35+ category. I got 3rd on both days. The winner and second place were the same. The winner was just too strong and John McKenna (2nd both days) were faster than him but not stronger. In any case, we raced hard and had fun. I only crashed once, in warm-ups. I was trying to figure out how to ride the corner of death and figured out what line NOT to take. Nothing hurt, just my pride when my friends laughed at me.
Here is a cool video of the fast guys racing, notice the cool move over the logs at ~2:00 mark.
Some more pics will appear here.
Even more pics here and here
Here are some pics taken by Ryan Harne.
I was actually leading the race at this point:
Mud on my side from my crash:
Finishing alone in third:

No comments: