Sunday, March 30, 2008

Birthday Race

So yesterday was my 37th birthday and also the date for the big Blacksburg Classic. The race is a local running tradition, 23rd edition I think. They have a 5K and a 10mile. I did the 10 mile and took more than 3 minutes off my time from last year and won my age group. I was top ten overall and finished in 1:04:21 to average 6:26/mile. I was happy with that. 
The coolest part of the race is that is goes by our house, twice. So Amalia and Lisa get to hang out and watch and then walk over to the finish which is only ~1/2 mile away. Amalia had her lunch while Lisa took pictures. When the race came by Amalia got very excited and rang her bell to encourage the runners. She seemed kind of annoyed when I ran by and kept going. I think she wanted to get in her stroller and race! At the finish, coach Amalia seemed happy with my performance.


No comments: